Monday, July 27, 2015

homesick...

When the hurt and the pain feel unbearable...

After a week of a dear friend losing her life tragically, the reminder of the blessing we have that so many do not, and the stories of extreme pain and poverty, I'm more homesick than ever.

Not for a place on this earth (although I do miss my friends and family back in IL).
I'm homesick for the day I will run into the arms of Jesus.
We are not of this world friends.
Our hearts long for more.

"Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him." 1 John 2:15

"But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself." Philippians 3:20-21


No comments:

Post a Comment