Monday, June 30, 2014

As I held you...

As I held you in my arms, I could feel your pain...
As the tears streamed down your face, I couldn't help but think of my sons who were in a similar place...
As you told me your mom has not visited you in the orphanage, I fought back the tears...
As you shared how you missed her, I couldn't be angry at her...
As you asked me WHY, the tears started to flow...

And the only words I could mutter were that Jesus cares...
That regardless of your circumstances, Jesus loves you...
The HE paid the price of ALL sin... ALL suffering... and that Jesus knows your pain...

When I asked you if you wanted to pray sweet girl, you looked up at me with those beautiful brown eyes... grabbed tight to my arm... and nodded ever so softly...

As we muttered the words of a 5-year old prayer... I couldn't help but wonder HOW you could process all that you've been through... we cried out to Jesus together... hand-in-hand... knowing HE can meet your needs.



Jesus meet this sweet girl exactly where she is. Comfort her. Heal her. Draw her to Yourself. Help her to understand that she IS loved. Help her to feel secure that she is surrounded by 'sisters' and caregivers who would do anything for her. Jesus may Your will be done in her life. May she serve You all the days of her life. And may You use this pain and suffering for Your glory. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment