Monday, July 19, 2010

Where have we been?

You know that phone call? The one that makes your heart stop... your stomach ache... and your eyes well up? Well, we got ANOTHER one of those on Saturday, July 10th. About 6 weeks ago my grandmother died so the grieving process is all too fresh in our minds and hearts. And when the woke up to the phone ringing that Saturday morning telling me that my father had died, my heart stopped.

As you can imagine, it was a long week. A rough week. A week filled with all kinds of emotions, thoughts, and regrets. A week filled with questions. A week filled with relationships restored. And a week filled with clinging to Jesus in the midst of it all.

So where are we 8 days later? We are finding healing knowing that 'the maker of the stars, hears the sound of our broken hearts!'
"Our hope is found in nothing less, than Jesus' blood and righteousness!"

Thank you sweet friends and family. Thank you for encouraging us. Thank you for holding us up in prayer. Thank you for speaking words of TRUTH to us. Thank you for suggesting that we camp in Philippians this past week (we did and it was soooo healing to do so!) Thank you Pastor Brian for the amazing message at my father's funeral. Thank you fellow believers for responding when God prompted you to act - for responding to a need that you didn't even know existed. Thank you YAC for holding us and giving us one thing this past week to look forward to! Thank you body of Christ... for being the hands and feet!

6 comments:

  1. Christi - i had been thinking about you and praying for your family a lot this past weekend. i cannot even begin to imagine losing my father at this stage in my life. praying and praying for peace and comfort and healing for your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heart is aching for you all. Praying more healing. I can not imagine, but praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Christi, I am just so, so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what you are going through right now. Praying that you will feel God's arms wrapped around you during this tough time. Praising God that your hope is in Him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you guys...continuing to pray for you and your family!

    great to have you back at work, christi! I missed you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still praying for you and your family Christi. So true that His words are a healing balm to you right now and I praise the Lord for the hope that you have.
    Love you!
    Candice

    ReplyDelete