Monday, July 5, 2010

Choosing Joy!

Throughout our walk with Jesus, throughout our marriage, and throughout our adoption journey, God has been teaching us to CHOOSE joy! Why choose? Because sometimes I'm not joyful by nature. My hubby on the other hand, is a joyful man... I'm so encouraged by his reliance on the Lord and his joyful spirit.

God has been leading me to these verses lately -
1 Thes. 1:2-6
"We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers. We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.



For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake. You became imitators of us and of the Lord; in spite of severe suffering, you welcomed the message with the joy given by the Holy Spirit"
Share with me how God has led you to choose joy, in the midst of whatever may be going on in your life!


PS - How is your Radical reading going? Check out our post here.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Christi! I just saw your blog on Christi's blog...love it! I am your newest follower! Anyway, it is so funny b/c I just posted like 5 minutes ago how we are "choosing joy" today even though this is the 4th time our upstairs air conditioner has gone out since we began our adoption journey!! :) You can check out the story at www.lovinmuch.blogspot.com. Glad to meet another family choosing joy in the middle of their adoption journey!! Excited to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant on Kristi's blog...Lucy Lane's mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh....I SO struggle with choosing joy sometimes. I've had some hard days this last week. Sometimes I wish I could just KICK myself out of the funk. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful verse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foster Care!!! Through no sleep and taking care of some strangers baby. I get a drooly smile and a mama. The most precious title of all!
    Also homeschooling! Explaining the same concept for a week and to have a smiling face look up at me and say "I got it mommy!!!!"
    "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I read through the book of Phillipians like 100 times during our wait! (ok, slight over-exaggeration- but I did read it and study it and go through commentaries on it quite a bit) It helped get me through not only the wait, but the hard days and months when Elliana was first home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i will be very joyful when i win one of your raffle items :)

    i know...i'm super spiritual :D

    ReplyDelete