In it, Piper describes 8 similarities between what God did in adoption and what happens in a Christian adoption today.
1. Adoption was (for God) and is (for us) costly. Gal. 4:4-5
2. Adoption did (for God) and does (for us) involve the legal status of the child. Gal. 4:4-6
3. Adoption was blessed and is blessed with God’s pouring out a Spirit of sonship. Gal. 4:6, Romans 8:15-16
4. Adoption was (for God) and is (for us) marked by moral transformation through the Spirit. Romans 8:14
5. Adoption brought us, and brings our children, the rights of being heirs of the Father. Gal. 4:6-7, Romans 8:16-17
6. Adoption was (for God) and is (for us) seriously planned. Eph. 1:4-6
7. Adoption was (for God) and often is now (for us) from very bad situations. Eph. 2:3
8. Adoption meant (for all Christans) and means (for Christian parents) that we suffer now and experience glory later. Romans 8:22-23
Friends, read this sermon... the WHOLE thing!
OH, AND GET YOURSELF IN ON OUR RAFFLE! :)