Tuesday, June 1, 2010

CATCHING UP...

Catching up on things after the long weekend and a rough week. What started out as a normal Wednesday morning in the Ucherek home, ended in the sudden death of my grandmother and life has been a whirlwind ever since.

I remember this feeling all too well. My aunt died of cancer right after I graduated from high school... and although that was several years ago... I remember that feeling. I remember that numb feeling. When you try to go back to 'normal life' and...

Your eyes won't read.
Your fingers won't type.
And your brain won't focus.

BUT GOD! Those two words keep resounding in my head... life is such a vapor, we are here one minute and gone the next! But God, in His sovereignty has a plan, a mighty plan!

I think about the legacy she left on this earth. I think about how Thursday morning she woke up rejoicing with Jesus! I think about being re-united one day... for all eternity!
I think about this day -
"The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears 
       from all faces;
       he will remove the disgrace of his people
       from all the earth.
       The LORD has spoken.

 In that day they will say,
       "Surely this is our God;
       we trusted in him, and he saved us.
       This is the LORD, we trusted in him;
       let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation." Isaiah 25:8-9

Thank you, dear friends, for your prayers, your cards, your words of sympathy, your hugs, and your tears!


PS - Thanks for all your FABULOUS money saving ideas! :)

2 comments:

  1. Praise God that you are able to praise HIM even though your heart is broken. You are such a witness to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that feeling also from when my mom passed....and how a little part of me didn't want to stand in front of the congregation that next Sunday morning and lead worship.

    But an overwhelming part of me knew that I needed to praise Him in this time of sorrow.....not only did I need to, but I desperately wanted to more than anything else...

    And afterward, the peace that He put in my heart was so utterly complete....it was such a wonderful gift that I can't really describe.

    Psalm 63

    1 O God, you are my God,
    earnestly I seek you;
    my soul thirsts for you,
    my body longs for you,
    in a dry and weary land
    where there is no water.

    2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
    and beheld your power and your glory.

    3 Because your love is better than life,
    my lips will glorify you.

    4 I will praise you as long as I live,
    and in your name I will lift up my hands.

    ReplyDelete